Friday 15 August 2014

Post 1: Another country that I'd like to visit

Hello everyone! This return on blogging merit a remembrance! This post is about travelling, again. Last time I said I would to visit Africa, but now, I’ll tell you about a nearest place.

I always have been attracted to Latin America and Caribbean. These countries have a similar history, because we are the “New World”. I especially curious about Guatemala. Guatemala has a great past, particularly before colonization. I want to visit Tikal, an ancient Capital of the maya civilization. Besides, the nature is wonderful: includes mangroves, forests and beaches. The most prized bird is the Quetzal (Figure 1).

I would like to meet the society, I’m wondering if guatemalans are more happy than chilean people. They lived three decades of a civil war! Also, architecture is special: you can find little colonial houses in Antigua Guatemala city.


I will travel to Guatemala as a tourist, but without a vacation package. I want to schedule my own places to visit (all nature I mentioned, and more!). 


Figure 1. Quetzal

2 comments:

  1. How interesting !.
    The places of Latin America are characterized by having an apogee of ancient civilizations have an incredible mystique. If you get to make your trip, I suggest that when you are between ruins, you could take a guide because everything will make you, a lot more sense at the end of your path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´ve never thought about going to Guatemala, but now that I see what you wrote, I think it would a very nice experience! hope you make it :)

    ReplyDelete