Tuesday 30 September 2014

Post 7 : How green are you?

Hi bloggers!

Nowadays, a greener life is inevitable. Little by little, the media have created social awareness about caring our world, because of Global Warming. News, novels, events and new products, send a message about recycling or minimizing the human impact on Earth.

I must to assume that I do not recycle, but I have incorporated other practices. I try to reduce the use of plastic bags in market, which minimize my total garbage. I separate cans and glasses, because trash-collectors will rescue and recycle it. I know, I do not do much, but I swear to do my best in the future.

In my defense, I have to say that, besides my garbage, I do not contaminate so much: I do not drive a car unless I have to, e.g. when I have to transport a heavy thing, or when my grandpa want to take a ride. I prefer to walk or use public transport. I am afraid of ride a bike in Santiago, so I use it only for sport.


I think we have to start a greener life changing details. For this, local organizations are essential. Town council or residents' association could provide support tools and recycle channels. An associative work will improve our self-management, and our behaviour can keep clean of apathy. If my neighbour sees me recycling, he will are convince that recycling is possible.

2 comments:

  1. Many people do not recycle, it is good practice to use public transport

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what you´re doing is good, you say you don´t recycle, but you separate your trash so others can do it. Keep doing it, it´s not how little, it´s just how :)

    ReplyDelete